It is possible to be allergic to your own blood. Learn more about the condition at HowStuffWorks.
- What causes Allergic Reactions?
- How Allergies Work
- Could I be allergic to sunscreen?
- Could I be allergic to makeup?
- How to Allergy-proof Your Home
- How Your Immune System Works
- What makes people susceptible to allergies?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Written by Karen Serrano, MD
Emergency Medicine resident at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Reviewed by Lisa V. Suffian, MD
Instructor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Pulmonary Medicine at Saint Louis Children's Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine
Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Saint Louis University
Board certified in Allergy and Immunology
Last updated June 2008