What options do I have for arthritis treatment and how do I choose?
When choosing a treatment, ask your doctor these questions:
- What are my chances of getting better?
- What are the risks and side effects of this treatment?
- What will this treatment cost?
Treatment options for osteoarthritis include medications, therapies, and sometimes surgery. You and your doctor can choose treatment options based on these factors:
- the type of arthritis you have
- your age
- medication you're taking
- how bad your pain and inflammation are
- your general state of health
To help you prepare to talk with your healthcare providers about which therapy might work best for you, read further on the topics below.
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »