Here are some common symptoms of osteoarthritis in the hip.
- Your walking stride, or gait, may be affected.
- You may favor one side over the other and decrease the time you spend placing weight on the problem area.
- When you move the hip, you may feel pain in your groin or pain running down the back of your thigh down to your knee.
- You may have lost some ability to rotate your hip.
- Morning stiffness that lasts less than 30 minutes after rising is common. However, the hip joint may also become stiff after sitting down and then attempting to resume activity. This is called the gel phenomenon.