Here are the common symptoms of osteoarthritis in the knee.
- The joint feels unstable.
- Your knee may buckle when you move, especially when you walk down stairs or step off curbs.
- More than 90% of people who have osteoarthritis in the knee hear a grating sound when the knee moves. This happens because the opposing bone and cartilage surfaces are not smooth.
- The knee usually feels painful and tender, and the range of motion may be limited. However, in some cases, stretched ligaments may cause an increased range of motion. This increased range of motion results in instability of the joint and can lead to more damage.
- Morning stiffness that lasts less than 30 minutes after rising is common.