What is happening to me when I have arthritis?
Arthritis - Key Points Knowing the basic facts about arthritis can ensure that you seek help when you need it. Despite some common beliefs to the contrary, these are the basic facts about arthritis.
- There are many types of arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis.
- Arthritis can affect people of all ages.
- Medication is only one way to ease the pain of arthritis.
- Exercise can help arthritis - although many people find this hard to believe.
- Changing your diet and losing weight may help arthritis.
Here is what some people have said about having arthritis.
"I feared arthritis would keep me from doing the things I like to do - dance, walk, even jog a little. Since my knee replacement, I can go dancing again! I'm planning to start jogging soon too." Nancy
"I wish I had known how important keeping my weight down and keeping moving was to reducing the pain. I want to go back to dancing, and I'll do whatever it takes!" Angelo
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »