Review the following 'Questions To Ask' about lung cancer so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your health care professional.
1. What is my risk for lung cancer and how can I limit my risks?
2. How will I be informed of the results?
3. If I have lung cancer, what sort of treatment options are available?
4. I've had tuberculosis. Does that put me at risk for getting lung cancer?
5. What is the stage (extent) of my disease?
6. What are the chances that the treatment you recommend will be successful?
7. Would participating in a clinical trial be appropriate for me?
8. What is the treatment you recommend likely to cost?
9. Assuming the treatment is successful, how often will I need to have check-ups?