Review the following "Questions To Ask" about ovarian cancer so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your health care professional.
1. How would I know if I have ovarian cancer?
2. What is the stage of my ovarian cancer and what does it mean?
3. What sort of treatment do you recommend and why?
4. What sort of risks will be associated with those treatments?
5. Will I be able to work or will I be at home in bed? For how long?
6. What should I do about diet and exercise while I'm getting treatments?
7. Will I be able to have children after my treatment?
8. What's my prognosis?
9. If I go through all the treatments as you prescribe, what are the chances that the cancer will just come back?
10. If my ovarian cancer does come back, what then?
Copyright 2003 National Women's Health Resource Center Inc. (NWHRC)