Am I doing all I can do to lower my blood pressure?
If you feel that you are already working hard to lower your blood pressure, you may not need to change a thing. But ask yourself these questions:
- Am I eating healthfully? Am I keeping track of the amount of salt in my diet?
- Is my weight at a healthy level?
- Am I a nonsmoker?
- Am I exercising a minimum of 30 minutes a day at least three times a week?
- Am I limiting my consumption of alcohol?
- Am I managing my stress successfully?
- Am I following my treatment plan and taking my medicine the way that I should?
- Are the members of my healthcare team pleased with how I am doing?
- Do I feel good about my health and how I am managing it?
If you cannot answer the majority of these questions with a yes, then you may not be doing everything you need to do to manage your blood pressure. This means that you need to begin the process of change.
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »