Your tongue is attached pretty well to the floor of your mouth. Learn whether it is really possible to swallow your tongue at HowStuffWorks.
More Great Links
- Burney, Richard E. MD. "Acute Appendicitis." University of Michigan Health System. October 2005. http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/aha_append_crs.htm
- Cunha, John P. DO. Durham, Britt A. MD. "Appendicitis Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment Information." eMedicineHealth.com. 07/03/2007http://www.emedicinehealth.com/appendicitis/article_em.htm
- Katz, Joshua MD. "Appendicitis." National Digestive Diseases Information Clearing House. June 2004. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/appendicitis/
- Katz, Michael S. MD. Tucker, Jeffrey R. MD. Glick, Philip MD, MBA. "Appendicitis." September 15, 2006.http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic127.htm
- Lee, Dennis MD. Marks, Jay W. MD. "Appendicitis information (symptoms, diagnosis, treatment)." MedicineNet. 12/07/2007.http://www.medicinenet.com/appendicitis/article.htm
- Van Voorhees, Benjamin W. MD, MPH. "Point Tenderness - Abdomen." MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. 05/17/2007.http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003273.htm