How do lasers measure up as a possible solution to addiction? Find out if lasers can cure addiction at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Bauer, Michael. Transcript of interview, "Black Market Body Parts," originally aired on CNN, January 11, 2006. (April 25, 2008). http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0601/11/i_ins.01.html
- BBC. "Surgeons sever transplant hand." February 3, 2001 (April 25, 2008). http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1151553.stm
- Burdick, James. Director, Division of Transplantation
- Healthcare Systems Bureau. Testimony before Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Subcommittee on Information Policy, Census and National Archives, U.S. House of Representatives. September 25, 2007 (April 25, 2008). http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2007/09/t20070925a.html
- Central New York Eye and Tissue Bank. http://www.cnyetb.org/DidYouKnow.html
- Cigna Health Corporation. "Cigna Healthcare Coverage Position; Subject: Corneal Transplant." September 15, 2007 (May 1, 2008). http://www.cigna.com/customer_care/healthcare_professional/coverage_positions/medical/mm_0390_coveragepositioncriteria_corneal_transplant.pdf
- Claggett, Amanda K., Communications Specialist at UNOS. Phone interview and email correspondence, April 24, 2008.
- Handwerk, Brian. "Organ Shortage Fuels Illicit Trade in Human Parts." National Geographic Ultimate Explorer, January 16, 2004 (April 25, 2008). http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/01/0116_040116_EXPLorgantraffic.html
- Levy, Simon G."Cornea Transplantation." (April 25, 2008)http://www.eyesite.org/cornea-and-eye-surface/cornea-transplantation/
- McDonald, Alex. Director of Public Education, Intermountain Donor Services, Salt Lake City, Utah. Phone interview. April 24, 2008.
- Surgery of the Soul: Reflections on a Curious Career. Published by Science History Publications/USA, July 2001. ISBN-10: 0881352551.http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2004/dec/transplant/chapter9.pdf
- National Library of Medicine. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/004012.htm
- OPTN/SRTR Annual Report 2007."http://www.lifesharecarolinas.org/resources/media-overview/
- Organdonor.gov. "Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation." (April 25, 2008). http://organdonor.gov/donation/index.htm
- Parker, Melissa. Organ Recovery Coordinator, LifeShare of the Carolinas. Phone interview. April 24, 2008.
- Paschkefont, Anne. Media Relations Specialist at UNOS. Email correspondence, April 23, 2008.
- Rohter, Larry. " The Organ Trade: A Global Black Market; Tracking the Sale of a Kidney On a Path of Poverty and Hope." New York Times, May 23, 2004 (April 25, 2008). http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE0DD163EF930A15756C0A9629C8B63&sec=health
- Russo, Karen. "Indian Victims Relate Horror of Kidney Theft." ABC News, Feb. 1, 2008 (April 25, 2008). http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=4224506&page=1
- Sample, Ian. "Man rejects first penis transplant." The Guardian, September 18, 2006 (April 25, 2008). http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/sep/18/medicineandhealth.china
- Science Daily, "Kidney Exchange: Computer Scientist Invents Software To Arrange Matches For Kidney Transplants," October 1, 2007 (April 25, 2008). http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2007/1006-kidney_exchange.htm
- SRTR, "National Transplant Statistics, National Reports." (April 25, 2008). http://www.ustransplant.org/csr/current/nats.aspx
- Transplant for Life. "Interfaith Organ and Tissue Donation." (April 25, 2008).
- United Network for Organ Sharing. Glossary. (April 25, 2008). http://www.unos.org/resources/glossary.asp