It's common for people who first start taking antidepressant medications to experience only side effects without the benefits. That's because it takes time for the medicines to affect symptoms. The most common reason people stop taking their medication is they don't like the side effects.
Your doctor can help reduce side effects by doing such things as changing the medication, altering the dose, and changing when and how you take it.
Learn more about depression treatment by visiting the following links:
- What kind of heallthcare professionals do I need for depression?
- How Psychotherapy Can Help You Recover from Depression
- How can I know if depression treatment is working?
- How much will depression treatment help me?
- How can I make it easier to stick with my depression treatment?