Review the following "Questions to Ask" about eating disorders so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your health care professional.
1. What are my options for treatment for eating disorders?
2. How would you describe your treatment approach to eating disorders?
3. Is treatment for depression called for when treating eating disorders?
4. Will you involve my family in my eating disorder treatment?
5. What role, if any, will medication play? What percentage of people with eating disorders take medication? Which medications?
6. What can I expect from the medications?
7. What can I expect during an eating disorder counseling session?
8. When, if ever, do you hospitalize patients for eating disorders?
9. What goals would we set for my eating disorder treatment?
10. Will I ever be "cured" of my eating disorder and completely healthy?
Copyright 2003 National Women's Health Resource Center, Inc. (NWHRC)