You may not be growing a baby yet, but you're setting the stage. In the second week of pregnancy, your body is building the nest that will house, nourish and protect your fetus until it's time to enter the world.
- Your menstrual flow is over.
- Your uterus is developing a thick, nutrient-rich endometrial layer.
- Your estrogen levels are up, increasing fertility.
- A couple dozen eggs are filling tiny sacs called follicles, which will ultimately release them into your fallopian tubes when you ovulate.
- At the end of this week, you are ovulating, and eggs are awaiting sperm (which will hopefully arrive within 48 hours, when your body is most receptive).
- At the end of this week, you may conceive (this could also happen at the beginning of week three).
There are ways to increase the chances that you'll conceive this month. Along those lines, there are a few things your partner should be aware of, as well …