I was 41 when I had my fourth child and my one and only vasectomy. It was the right choice for an old fart like me with plenty of progeny. If RISUG lives up to its potential, it could be a great contraceptive option for men of all ages.
- How Fatherhood Works
- How Vasectomies Work
- 10 Famous Fathers
- How Human Reproduction Works
- How Condoms Work
- How the Male Birth-control Pill Will Work
- How Breakups Work
- Alexander, Nancy J. "Beyond the Condom: The Future of Male Contraception." Scientific American. 1999.
- Busse, James G. "Silent Sea Engine for Nuclear Subs." Popular Science. January 1966. Found on Modern Mechanix. (April 7, 2012) http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2011/10/27/silent-sea-engine-for-nuclear-subs/
- Gifford, Bill. "The Revolutionary New Birth Control Method for Men." Wired. April 26, 2011. (April 7, 2012) http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/04/ff_vasectomy/all/1
- Guha, Sujoy. "Patent No. 5,488,075: Contraceptive for Use By a Male." Jan. 30, 1996.
- Guha S.K., Singh G., Anand S., Ansari S., Kumar S., Koul V. "Phase I clinical trial of an injectable contraceptive for the male." Contraception. 1993 Oct;48(4):367-75.
- Guha S.K., Singh G., Ansari S., Kumar S., Srivastava A., Koul V., Das H.C., Malhotra R.L. and Das S.K. "Phase II clinical trial of a vas deferens injectable contraceptive for the male." Contraception. 1997 Oct;56(4):245-50.
- Kuang, Cliff. "Beyond the Male 'Pill.'" Popular Science. May 20, 2008. (April 7, 2012) http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-05/beyond-male-pill
- Lissner, Elaine. "New male contraceptive clears hurdle." EurekAlert. March 30, 2006. (April 7, 2012) http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-03/mcip-nmc032906.php
- Male Contraception Information Project. "RISUG/Vasalgel." (April 7, 2012) http://www.newmalecontraception.org/risug.htm
- Parsemus Foundation. "Vasalgel, Multi-year contraceptive: Rabbit Study." (April 7, 2012) http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/Parsemus/New_male_contraceptives.html
- Planned Parenthood. "Vasectomy." Health Info and Services. (April 7, 2012) http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/vasectomy-4249.htm
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona Blog. "Expanding Options for Male Contraception." Aug. 8, 2011. (April 7, 2012) http://blog.advocatesaz.org/2011/08/08/expanding-options-for-male-contraception/#more-2154
- Raina, Puneet. "Male contraceptive from India on the anvil. Will it hit the shelves any sooner?" India Bioscience. (April 7, 2012) http://www.indiabioscience.org/node/241
- Schulman, Audrey. "A new injection for men could shake up the world of contraceptives." Grist. Aug. 13, 2003. (April 7, 2012) http://grist.org/business-technology/sperminator/
- "Vasectomy." Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Encyclopædia Britannica Inc., 2012. (April 7, 2012) http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/623770/vasectomy