Why waste your time comparing brands in the aisle of your local drugstore, when a few reputable organizations have already done the work for you? Look for sunscreen brands that carry these seals of approval:
The Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation: This seal is given to products that help prevent "sun-induced damage to the skin" [source: Skin Cancer Foundation].
Sport sunscreens that get the Skin Cancer Foundation's approval include:
- Banana Boat UltraMist Sport Performance Continuous Spray Sunblock SPF 30
- Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Stick SPF 30
- Hawaiian Tropic Sport SPF 45
- NO-AD Sport SPF 50 Active Sunblock Lotion
- Ocean Potion Oil Free Sport Xtreme Sunblock SPF 30
- Rite Aid SPF 30 Sport Continuous Spray
For a full list, visit the Skin Cancer Foundation's list of recommendations.
The American Academy of Dermatology has its own SEAL OF RECOGNITION that it grants to dermatologist-approved sunscreens with proven sun-protection benefits. These sunscreens include:
- AVEENO Continuous Protection Sunblock SPF 55
- Mederma Cream plus SPF 30
For a full list, visit of the American Academy of Dermatology's list of recommendations.