Skin Regimens: Fast Facts
- Skip the soap when it comes to cleaning your face -- all facial cleansers should be soap-free. Your facial skin is more delicate, and the soap used for your body is probably too harsh. Learn more about cleansing.
- Breathing, sweating and most of your other bodily processes remove water from your cells. That's why it's so important to drink at least a half-gallon (2 liters) of water every day. Learn more about the benefits of water.
- Essential fatty acids are crucial to keeping your skin looking healthy. Find them in your favorite foods: Omega-6 -- poultry, grains, cooking oils Omega-3 -- cold-water fish (salmon, sardines), kidney beans, walnuts, spinach Gamma linolenic acid -- plant oils Learn more about how essential fatty acids work.
- Excessive sun exposure can actually age your skin, causing it to look dry and leathery. Learn more about protecting your skin.
- Beneficial to both your body and skin, antioxidants are crucial for healthy skin cells. Antioxidants fight free radicals, which can otherwise damage healthy cells. Learn more about antioxidants.
Here are some helpful links:
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »