Workout clothes, a water bottle and a sweat towel are certainly important items to keep in your gym bag, but they comprise a far from exhaustive list of helpful items. Let's look a bit deeper into that ideal gym bag.
- Work clothes -- Consider when you'll be hitting the gym. Pack clean clothes if you plan on showering after a workout and heading into the office.
- Plastic bags -- A great way to recycle plastic grocery bags is to use them for your sweaty clothes. This can keep the other items in your gym bag dry, clean and fresh. Just don't forget to take the gym clothes out when you get home or you'll regret it later.
- Snacks -- You'll likely get hungry during or after working out. Pack some nuts or granola/ nutrition bars to satisfy your cravings.
- Toiletries -- Travel-sized soap and shampoo are necessary if showering, unless of course your gym provides them.
- Fresh towel -- Another thing you'll want to consider if you're going to shower; a separate, clean towel to dry off. Separate it from the sweat towel with another plastic bag.
- Flip-flops -- A pair of rubber sandals is oh-so-important if you shower at the gym. You don't want to catch (or spread) foot fungi that can live in the humid climate of a public shower.
- Talcum/baby powder -- Heat, friction and sweat cause chafing over time. Keep dry with a little powder before and after working out.
Now that your bag is packed, you're set to pursue your fitness goals. For lots more information, click ahead.