Some people swear by vitamin C to prevent colds. But is vitamin C powerful enough to prevent dengue fever? Find out.
- (1991). Prevention of neural tube defects: results of the Medical Research Council Vitamin Study. MRC Vitamin Study Research Group, 338(8760): 131-7.
- (2005). Antenatal care: routine care for the healthy pregnant woman. National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health,Accessed online January 17, 2005, at: http://www.rcog.org.uk/resources/Public/Antenatal_Care.pdf.
- Gatof, D., Ahnen, D. (2003). Primary prevention of colorectal cancer: diet and drugs. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America, 17(2).
- Giovannucci, E., Stampfer, MJ., Colditz, GA., et al. (1998). Multivitamin use, folate and colon cancer in women in the Nurses Health Study. Ann Int Med, 129(7):517-24.
- Mouzas, IA. (1998). Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer in inflammatory bowel disease? A potential role for folate. Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol, 30(4): 421-5.
- Potischman, N. (1996). Nutrition and cervical neoplasia. Cancer Causes Control, 7(1): 113-26.
- Larsson, SC. (2006). Folate intake, MTHFR polymorphism and risk of esophageal, gastric, and pancreatic cancer: a meta-analysis. Gastroenterology, 131(4): 1271-83.
- Holm, PI. (2007). Modulation of the homocysteine-betaine relationship by methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677 C->t genotypes and B-vitamin status in a large-scale epidemiological study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 92(4): 1535-41.
- Weinstein, SJ. (2001) Elevated serum homocysteine levels and increased risk of invasive cervical cancer in US women. Cancer Causes Control, 12(4): 317-24.
- Coppen, A. (2000). Enhancement of the antidepressant action of fluoxetine by folic acid: a randomised, placebo controlled trial. J Affect Disord, 60(2): 121-30.
- Godfrey, PS. (1990). Enhancement of recovery from psychiatric illness by methylfolate. Lancet, 336(8712): 392-5.
- Weber, W. (2007). Complementary and alternative medical therapies for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autism. Pediatr Clin North Am, 54(6): 983-1006; xii.
- Frye, CA. (2006). An overview of oral contraceptives: mechanism of action and clinical use. Neurology, 66(6 Suppl 3): S29-36.