For more information about menopause check out these books and websites.
Books and Journal Articles:
- Barbach, L. The Pause: Positive Approaches to Perimenopause and Menopause. New York: Penguin Books, 2000.
- Deeks, A. "Is This Menopause?" Australian Family Physician Vol. 33, no. 11 (Nov. 2004): 889-93.
- Deeks, A. "Psychological Aspects of Menopause." Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism; Vol. 17, no. 1 (2003): 17-31.
- Minkin, M.J., and Wright, C.K. What Every Woman Needs to Know About Menopause: The Years Before, During and After. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1996.
- Moore, M. The Only Menopause Guide You'll Need. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
- Northrup, Christiane. The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change. Bantam Books, 2002.
- Northrup, Christiane. Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing. Bantam Books, 2002.
- www.breastcancer.orgA nonprofit organization for breast cancer education.
- Project Aware A website by women, for women... offering objective and comprehensive health information, especially related to menopause, perimenopause, and postmenopause.
- The North American Menopause Society A leading scientific nonprofit organization devoted to promoting the health and quality of life of women through an understanding of menopause.
- Power Surge A warm and caring community for women in menopause.
- The Menopause Journal The journal of The North American Menopause Society.
About the Writer
Vanda is a licensed psychologist with a doctorate from Columbia University, Teachers College. Her publications include: Our Lady of Stone, a one act play, and The Sex Caller and the Telephone Counseling Center. Vanda received an Edward Albee Fellowship for her full-length play, Screaming in the Wilderness and was a finalist in The Eugene O'Neill National Playwriting Conference and the Playwright Center's Jerome Foundation.
Currently, Vanda is an Assistant Professor at Metropolitan College of New York.