When choosing a treatment, ask your doctor these questions:
- What are my chances of getting better?
- What are the risks and side effects of this treatment?
- What will this treatment cost?
Treatment options for osteoarthritis include medications, therapies, and sometimes surgery. You and your doctor can choose treatment options based on these factors:
- the type of arthritis you have
- your age
- medication you're taking
- how bad your pain and inflammation are
- your general state of health
To help you prepare to talk with your healthcare providers about which therapy might work best for you, read further on the topics below.
- What side effects of arthritis medication should I watch for?
- Arthritis Physical Exam: What is my doctor looking for?
- Am I at risk for osteoarthritis?
- How much should I exercise to help my osteoarthritis?
- What do I need to know about alternative and complementary arthritis therapies?
- Does stress affect my arthritis?
- What causes arthritis symptoms?
- What does arthritis feel like?