Any time you take medication:
- make sure you tell your doctor about all other medicines you take
- do not drink alcohol or take any recreational drugs because they can interact badly with your medicine
- talk with your doctor about any side effects that may occur to see if something can be done to reduce them
Don't be afraid to ask your doctor what you may think are "silly" questions about your medications. The only silly questions are ones that go unasked. Take the time to write down any questions or concerns you have about the medication before your doctor's appointment. Then take the list with you and write down your doctor's answers.
- What side effects of arthritis medication should I watch for?
- Arthritis Physical Exam: What is my doctor looking for?
- Am I at risk for osteoarthritis?
- How much should I exercise to help my osteoarthritis?
- What do I need to know about alternative and complementary arthritis therapies?
- Does stress affect my arthritis?
- What causes arthritis symptoms?
- What does arthritis feel like?