Each statement below that applies to you increases your risk for osteoarthritis.
- I am man aged 65 or older.
- I am a woman older than age 55.
- I had an injury to a joint.
- I have a job or a hobby that requires me to use a single joint over and over again.
- I have weak muscles.
- I am overweight.
Do you think you are at risk for osteoarthritis? Are you having symptoms? If you answer yes to either but have not seen your doctor or received a diagnosis, keep clicking through the following articles.
- What side effects of arthritis medication should I watch for?
- Arthritis Physical Exam: What is my doctor looking for?
- Am I at risk for osteoarthritis?
- How much should I exercise to help my osteoarthritis?
- What do I need to know about alternative and complementary arthritis therapies?
- Does stress affect my arthritis?
- What causes arthritis symptoms?
- What does arthritis feel like?