How you can make a difference
- Work with your healthcare provider. Be sure you are an active member of your healthcare team.
- Follow your treatment plan. Keep track of your symptoms and your medications. Discuss your treatment plan with your healthcare provider when you notice a problem.
- Manage stress. Handling stress is an important tool for controlling your symptoms.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Exercise regularly. Eat healthy meals. Get enough rest.
- Find the support you need. You do not have to deal with osteoarthritis alone. Support will make it easier for you to manage your condition.
Even though osteoarthritis is a lifelong condition, it doesn't have to take over your life. You can take many actions to manage it. You can work closely with your healthcare team and practice self-care. Keeping a positive attitude can also help improve your overall health.
- What side effects of arthritis medication should I watch for?
- Arthritis Physical Exam: What is my doctor looking for?
- Am I at risk for osteoarthritis?
- How much should I exercise to help my osteoarthritis?
- What do I need to know about alternative and complementary arthritis therapies?
- Does stress affect my arthritis?
- What causes arthritis symptoms?
- What does arthritis feel like?