Lots More Information
How are skipping breakfast and atherosclerosis related? Learn about the results of a new study in this HowStuffWorks article.
- What's the difference between angioplasty and coronary bypass surgery?
- What are statins?
- How are sleep and heart disease related?
- What's more likely -- death by an auto accident or death by French fries?
- Is the cure for heart disease one carrot away?
- 5 Facts About Women's Heart Health
- Top 5 Foods for a Heart Healthy Diet
- How does your body digest a cigarette?
- Is quitting smoking contagious?
- How Heart Disease Works
- How Your Heart Works
- How Congestive Heart Failure Works
- How Aspirin Works
- How does a blood pressure gauge (sphygmomanometer) work? What is blood pressure?
- What is open heart surgery and a bypass operation?
- How Sleep Problems Work
- Is sleep that important?
More Great Links
- "Aspirin in Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention." American Heart Association, 2008.http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4456
- Bauer, Joy. "Five ways you can avoid a heart attack." msnbc.com. Oct. 4, 2007.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21128090/
- Bude, Christine. "15 Steps to Avoid a Heart Attack." Associated Content. 2008.http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/176543/15_steps_to_avoid_a_heart_attack.html?cat=5
- "Carbon Monoxide Found Harmful at Low Levels." New York Times. Nov. 24, 1989.http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE2D61F3AF937A15752C1A96F948260
- "Detecting 'Silent Killers': Preventive Screenings That Can Save Your Life." medicalnewstoday.com. Dec. 6, 2006.http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/58299.php
- "Eat a Heart-Healthy Diet." americanheart.org. 2008.http://americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1510
- "Heart Attack." Mayoclinic.com. 2008.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heartattack/DS00094/DSECTION=prevention
- "High Blood Pressure." americanheart.org. 2008.http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=2114
- Hosbon, Catherine. "6 Ways to Avoid Dying of a Surprise Heart Attack." U.S. News and World Report. June 18, 2008.http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/heart/2008/06/18/6-ways-to-avoid-dying-of-a-surprise-heart-attack.html
- "How Can a Heart Attack Be Prevented?" U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. 2008.http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/HeartAttack/HeartAttack_Prevention.html
- "Is An Aspirin A Day Good For You?" sciencedaily.com. Jan. 13, 2008.http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080111202625.htm
- Mahr, Krista. "How Stress Harms Your Heart." Nov. 1, 2007.http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1678678,00.html
- "Preventive Screening Tests and Immunizations." womenshealth.goc. 2008.http://www.womenshealth.gov/screeningcharts/men/
- "Should I take daily aspirin to prevent a heart attack or a stroke?" webmd.com. 2008.http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/should-i-take-daily-aspirin-to-prevent-a- heart-attack-or-a-stroke
- "Stress: Win control over the stress in your life." mayoclinic.com. 2008.http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress/SR00001
- Van Dusen, Allison. "How To Avoid A Heart Attack." forbes.com. March 7, 2007.http://www.forbes.com/health/2007/03/06/health-heart-avoid-forbeslife- cx_avd_0307heartattack.html