Lots More Information
HowStuffWorks finds out about the history and lessons of the Spanish flu pandemic, 100 years later.
- 10 Medicines Not to Give Your Baby
- Top 10 Tips for Talking to a Pediatrician
- 5 Family Home Remedies
- How the Flu Works
- How Your Immune System Works
- How to Find a Pediatrician
- The Common Cold: An Inside Look
- You Should Call the Pediatrician If...
- What Your Pediatrician Wishes You Knew
- Should you really feed a cold?
- Cohen, Sheldon, PhD; William J. Doyle, PhD; Cuneyt M. Alper, MD; Denise Janicki-Deverts, PhD; Ronald B. Turner, MD., "Sleep Habits and Susceptibility to the Common Cold." Archives of Internal Medicine: Vol. 169 No. 1. Jan. 12, 2009. (Oct. 22, 2010)http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/169/1/62
- Mayo Clinic. "Cold Remedies: What Works, What Doesn't, What Can't Hurt." (Oct. 20. 2010).http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cold-remedies/ID00036
- Melone, Linda. "Does Antibacterial Soap Work Better Than Regular Soap?" Everyday Health. (Oct. 26, 2010).http://www.everydayhealth.com/cold-and-flu/antibacterial-soap.aspx.
- Medical News Today. "What is a cold?" Oct. 7, 2009. (Oct. 22, 2010).http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/166606.php
- National Institutes of Health. "Ginger." (Oct. 26, 2010)http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/961.html
- The People's Pharmacy. "Ginger Tea for Colds." (Oct. 26, 2010).http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2005/10/18/ginger-tea-for-colds