Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Does sucking your thumb really ruin your teeth?
- Does stress really make your hair go gray faster?
- Will an apple a day really keep the doctor away?
- Is eating bread crust really good for you?
- 5 Old Wives' Tales about Your Health
- If you step on a rusty nail will you really get tetanus?
- Should you really starve a fever?
- Is it true that if you do anything for three weeks it will become a habit?
- Go Ask Alice!http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2351.html
- Lee, GM, et al. Misconceptions about colds and predictors of health service utilization. Pediatrics. 2003;111:231-236.
- NIAID. Common Cold. Cause. http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/topics/commonCold/cause.htm
- O'Connor, Anahad. "The Claim: You Lose Most of Your Body Heat Through Your Head." The New York Times, Oct. 26, 2004. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/health/26real.html
- WebMD. "Cold Wars -- Chicken Soup and Beyond." Jan. 12, 2007.http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2007/01/cold-wars-chicken-soup-and-beyond.html
- Zuger, Abigail. "'You'll Catch Your Death!' An Old Wives' Tale? Well…" The New York Times. March 4, 2003. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/04/science/you-ll-catch-your-death-an-old-wives-tale-well.html?sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all