Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Your Heart Works
- How Your Lungs Work
- How Your Kidneys Work
- How Blood Works
- How Ultrafiltration Works
- Is there a link between heart disease and kidney disease?
- What are the symptoms of heart failure?
- How Vasodilator Drugs Work
- How Fluid Overload and Edema Work
- How Jugular Venous Distension Works
- How does heart failure affect quality of life?
- How Inotropic Drugs Work
- How Diuretics Work
- How Low-Sodium Diets Work
More Great Links
- Ahmed A, Allman RM, Aronow WS, et al. Diagnosis of heart failure in older adults: predictive value of dyspnea at rest. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2004;38:297-307.
- Beck da Silva L, Mielniczuk L, Laberge M, et al. Persistent orthopnea and the prognosis of patients in the heart failure clinic. Congest Heart Fail. 2004;10:177-180.
- Costanzo MR, Guglin ME, Saltzberg MT, et al. Ultrafiltration versus intravenous diuretics for patients hospitalized for acute decompensated heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007; 49:675-683.
- Costanzo MR, Saltzberg M, O'Sullivan J, et al. Early ultrafiltration in patients with decompensated heart failure and diuretic resistance. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;46:2047-2051.
- Elkayam U, Hatamizadeh P, Janmohamed M. The challenge of correcting volume overload in hospitalized patients with decompensated heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;49:684-686.
- Mueller C, Frana B, Rodriguez D, et al. Emergency diagnosis of congestive heart failure: impact of signs and symptoms. Can J Cardiol. 2005;21:921-924.
- Wang CS, FitzGerald JM, Schulzer M, et al. Does this dyspneic patient in the emergency department have congestive heart failure? JAMA. 2005;294:1944-1956.