UPMC-University of Pittsburg Medical Center
Ranked first in the state of Pennsylvania, UPMC ranks highly in Gastroenterology, Pulmonology and Ear, Nose and Throat specialties. Using the latest technology to treat a variety of conditions, UPMC is especially proud of their ability to utilize MRI-guided deep brain stimulation for movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease. They are also with you when you leave the hospital. With their mobile app UPMC HealthTrak, you can see test results, review your prescriptions, communicate with your doctor and manage upcoming appointments.
- US News & World Report. "Best Hospitals." (June 28, 2013) http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals
- Massachusetts General Hospital. "Hospital Overview." (June 28, 2013)http://www.massgeneral.org/about/overview.aspx
- Johns Hopkins Medicine. "Patient and Visitor Amenities." (July 1, 2013) http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/the_johns_hopkins_hospital/patients_visitors/
- Mayo Clinic. "Why Choose Mayo Clinic." (July 1, 2013) http://www.mayoclinic.org/why-choose/index.html
- Cleveland Clinic. "Epilepsy Center." (June 28, 2013) http://my.clevelandclinic.org/neurological_institute/epilepsy/default.aspx
- UCLA Health. "About the Medical Center: Designed for Comfort and Efficiency." (June 28, 2013) http://my.clevelandclinic.org/neurological_institute/epilepsy/default.aspx
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital. "Awards and Honors." (July 1, 2013) http://www.barnesjewish.org/us-news-rankings-best-hospitals-in-america
- New York Presbyterian Hospital. "Awards and Recognition." (June 28, 2013) http://nyp.org/about/energy-star-award.html
- Duke Health. "Health Library: News." (July 1, 2013). http://www.dukehealth.org/health_library/news/duke-breast-cancer-expert-named-one-of-time-s-100-most-influential-people
- Brigham and Women's Hospital. "About BWH." (July 1, 2013). http://brighamandwomens.org/About_BWH/default.aspx
- UPMC. "Why UPMC?" (July 1, 2013). http://www.upmc.com/about/why-upmc/Pages/default.aspx
Right to Try may be a terminally ill person's last hope, but is it the best idea? HowStuffWorks looks at the law.