More Great Links
- American College of Emergency Physicians Clinical Policies Subcommittee (Writing Committee) on Acute Heart Failure Syndromes, Silvers SM, Howell JM, et al. Clinical policy: Critical issues in the evaluation and management of adult patients presenting to the emergency department with acute heart failure syndromes. Ann Emerg Med. 2007;49:627-669.
- Butler J, Forman DE, Abraham WT, et al. Relationship between heart failure treatment and development of worsening renal function among hospitalized patients. Am Heart J. 2004; 147:331-338.
- Domanski M, Norman J, Pitt B, et al. Diuretic use, progressive heart failure, and death in patients in the Studies Of Left Ventricular Dysfunction (SOLVD). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42:705-708.
- Ellison DH. The physiological basis of diuretic synergism: its role in treating diuretic resistance. Ann Intern Med. 1991;114: 886-894.
- Eshaghian S, Horwich TB, Fonarow GC. Relation of loop diuretic dose to mortality in advanced heart failure. Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 1759-1764.
- Gupta S, Neyses L. Diuretic usage in heart failure: a continuing conundrum in 2005. Eur Heart J. 2005; 26:644-649.
- Iyengar S, Abraham WT. Diuretics for the treatment of acute decompensated heart failure. Heart Fail Rev. 2007; 12:125-130.
- Kramer BK, Schweda F, Riegger GA. Diuretic treatment and diuretic resistance in heart failure. Am J Med. 1999; 106:90-96.
- Mehta RL, Pascual MT, Soroko S, et al. Diuretics, mortality, and nonrecovery of renal function in acute renal failure. JAMA. 2002; 288:2547-2553.
- Neuberg GW, Miller AB, O'Connor CM, et al. Diuretic resistance predicts mortality in patients with advanced heart failure. Am Heart J. 2002; 144:31-38.
- Taylor SH. Diuretic therapy in congestive heart failure. Cardiol Rev. 2000;8: 104-114.