Experts on Dreaming
Stephen LaBerge and Patricia Garfield are two of the best-known authorities on lucid dreams. Their books describe the phenomenon in detail and provide structured training programs to help put you in control of your dreams:
- Creative Dreaming: Plan and Control Your Dreams to Develop Creativity, Overcome Fears, Solve Problems and Create a Better Self, by Patricia Garfield (Fireside, Simon and Schuster)
- Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Being Awake and Aware in Your Dreams, by Stephen LaBerge (Ballantine Books)
- Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming: A Step-by-Step Guide ..., by Stephen LaBerge (Ballantine Books)
Gayle Delaney's approach to dream interpretation focuses on finding dream messages that can make a practical difference in your work, your relationships and your self-image. Jeremy Taylor sees dreams as a pathway leading to spiritual truths. Both are among the most respected dream workers going.
- Living Your Dreams: The Classic Bestseller on Becoming Your Own Dream Expert, by Gayle Delaney (HarperCollins)
- Breakthrough Dreaming: How to Tap the Power of Your 24-Hour Mind, by Gayle Delaney
- Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill: Using Dreams to Tap the Power of the Unconscious, by Jeremy Taylor (Warner Books)
- Dream Work: Techniques for Discovering the Creative Powers in Dreams, by Jeremy Taylor (Paulist Press)
- The Dream Messenger: How Dreams of the Departed Bring Healing Gifts, by Patricia Garfield (Simon and Schuster).
And now it's time to tuck this project in and say goodnight. I've traveled thousands of miles. Endured pain, indignity, humiliation and a hose up my nose. And I wind up where I started - alone, in my bed, a single sleeper longing for a snooze.
Am I ready? Have I learned enough?
I asked every question I could think of.
Visited experts across the land.
Slept in strange beds ...
Flew in lots of airplanes ...
Up in the clouds ...
Sea to ... shining ...