Lots More Information
Naming a new baby can be a tricky business. HowStuffWorks looks at some caveats.
- Adamec, Christine. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Adoption." Alpha Books. 2004.
- Adoptive Families Magazine. "The Adoption Guide." Adoptive Families. 2010. http://www.theadoptionguide.com/cost/articles/how-much-does-adoption-cost
- Allenburg, Chrissey. Personal interview via email. June 24, 2010.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. "Attachment Reactive Disorder." AACP. 2010.http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/reactive_attachment_disorder
- BabyCenter. "Parents Say: Things I wish I'd known about the adoption process before I started." BabyCenter.com. 2010.http://www.babycenter.com/0_parents-say-things-i-wish-id-known-about-the-adoption-proces_1381362.bc?page=1
- Child Welfare Information Agency. "How Many Children Were Adopted in 2000 and 2001." Child Welfare Information Agency. 2004.http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/s_adoptedhighlights.cfm
- Dakss, Brian. "Adoption 101." The Early Show. December 16, 2004.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/12/16/earlyshow/living/parenting/main661398.shtml
- Dalrymple, Mary. "Million-Dollar Baby?" The Motley Fool. May 9, 2007.http://www.fool.com/personal-finance/general/2007/05/09/million-dollar-baby.aspx
- Adoption Freundlich, Madelyn and Sarah Gerstenzang. "Ethics and Adoptive Family Recruitment." Adoptalk. North American Council on Adoptable Children. Spring 2004. http://www.nacac.org/adoptalk/ethics.html
- Harris, Hannah. Personal Interview via Facebook Message. June 28, 2010.
- Holtan, Barbara. "Are you ready to adopt?" Babycenter.com. 2010.http://www.babycenter.com/0_are-you-ready-to-adopt_1372535.bc
- Humphreys, Kimberly. "Mental health of adopted children: risks and protective factors." AboutKidsHealth. January 16, 2009.http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/News/Mental-health-of-adopted-children-risks-and-protective-factors.aspx?articleID=13361&categoryID=news-poh5
- Isaacs, Bekah. Personal interview via email. June 25, 2010.
- PBS. "Precious Cargo: Transracial Adoption." ITVS. 2010.http://www.pbs.org/itvs/preciouscargo/babylift1.html
- Purdue University. "The 'blues' can surprise even adoptive parents." ScienceDaily. April 1, 2010. http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2010/03/100331141013.htm
- Shapiro, Connie. "Troubled Adoptions: Why? What to Do?" Psychology Today. April 29, 2010. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/when-youre-not-expecting/201004/troubled-adoptions-why-what-do
- Wolff, Jana. "You Have to be Perfect to Adopt…and Other Myths." Adoptive Families Magazine. 2010. http://www.adoptivefamilies.com/articles.php?aid=169