The Widow's Peak hairline is one of the best indicators of basic genetic inheritance. According to research by the University of Utah's Genetic Science Learning Center, only one of your parents has to have the dominant allele in order for you to inherit a Widow's Peak (or a lower, V-shaped hairline). So that means if mom is a Marilyn Monroe look-alike (whose gorgeous, long blonde locks also stemmed from a Widow's Peak) then you, too, will don this classic look.
But just think: If Leo DiCaprio and Blake Lively can work one, you can, too!
- "10 Human Genetic Traits of Simple Inheritance: Which Do You Have?" 10 Human Genetic Traits of Simple Inheritance: Which Do You Have? Suite 101 Magazine, Apr. 2013. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- "Any Ladies with a Cleft Chin?" AfterEllen.com. AfterEllen, 4 Feb. 2011. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- Arnold, Paul. "What Causes Cleft Chin? Overview of the Genetics of a Prominent Facial Characteristic." Bright Hub. Bright Hub, 9 Sept. 2011. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- Jones, Jessica W., MD, MPH. "Brain Slowdown Is the Source of Elderly Wisdom | Psych Central News." Psych Central.com. The Royal College of Psychiatrists, 25 June 2010. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- Record, Michael. "7 Scientific Reasons You'll Turn Out Just Like Your Parents." Cracked.com. Cracked, 13 Mar. 2012. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- Renkl, Margaret. "INHERITED TRAITS." Womenshealthmag.com. Women's Health Magazine, Jan. 2010. Web. 24 Apr. 2013.
- Wong, Mae. "Personality Traits You May Have Inherited from Your Parents." Yahoo! Contributor Network. Yahoo! Voices, 14 Sept. 2010. Web. 29 Apr. 2013.
- "The biological basis of anger: associations with the gene coding for DARPP-32 (PPP1R1B) and with amygdala volume" National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 03 May 2013.
- "Inherited Human Traits: A Quick Reference." Http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/. University of Utah Genetic Science Learning Center, 2008. Web. 3 May 2013.