What You Might Be Feeling
For you, week 15 probably feels a lot like week 14: More normal than week 10, less normal than week 0, and filled with more intense heartburn than you knew was physically possible.
That, plus bloating, general indigestion and flatulence (the results of hormone-triggered muscle relaxation that affects your gastrointestinal tract and gets markedly worse following large meals). And with an appetite that grows with each passing minute (a good thing, especially if you lost some weight due to trimester-one vomiting), these issues might be starting to really annoy you. Get used to it.
It's not all digestive, of course. Other week 15 symptoms might include:
- Stuffy nose and/or nosebleeds, from hormone-induced changes in mucous membrane and blood vessels
- Round ligament pain, or that uncomfortable stretching sensation down the sides of your growing belly
- Mild, occasional headaches and/or dizziness
- Bleeding gums (again, hormone-induced)
- An expanding rib cage -- it can get bigger to allow your lung capacity to grow, since you're breathing for two
- Varicose veins -- make sure to walk around throughout the day, as this could help reduce their severity
Your veins, and your rib cage, should return to normal after delivery. But for now, you're stuck with the changes, because the life you're growing needs them for all the activity going on in your uterus this week …