It's the last week of the second trimester, which means you've got three months until you bring home a brand-new baby. If you haven't yet, you probably want to get moving on:
- The car seat, since you can't take your baby home without it, and you may want to get the installation inspected by a pro before the big day (fire stations do this; hospitals may also have someone on staff)
- Childbirth classes, since most of them run six-to-eight weeks and you want to be done before the contractions start
- Setting up maternity leave, if that applies to you
- Help at home after delivery (family member, friend, doula) and/or childcare (some places have waitlists)
Other things to keep in mind this week include:
- Mom-to-be's physical capacities are getting more limited. Heavy lifting and standing on ladders, for instance, should be avoided.
- If you have any pregnancy complications now, vigorous exercise may no longer be safe, so be sure to check with your doctor before you go running.
And, at last, a few things you can probably wave off.