Outdoor dates don't always have to take place during the day. Nighttime provides plenty of free date opportunities. Start by taking a blanket to a park, field or overlook and watch the sunset together. Once the sun slips over the horizon, lie down on your blanket and watch the stars come out. You can help each other spot different constellations and planets, and wish on shooting stars. Special astronomical events like meteor showers can create a special feel to the date and make it memorable.
Nighttime walks can also be extremely romantic because the darkness acts like a security blanket, allowing you to share a lot with each other. Just take a flashlight with you, and don't go anyplace where you might get easily lost.
For more great free date ideas, check out the links below.
More Great Links
- Forsman, Matt. "Top 10: Cheap Date Ideas." AskMen.com. (Oct. 1, 2010) http://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating_100/123_dating_list.html
- Geocaching.com. "Getting Started with Geocaching." Geocaching.com. (Oct. 1, 2010) http://www.geocaching.com/about/default.aspx
- Punjabi, Rajul. "The Joy of Flex: Exercise Better Together." YourTango.com. (Oct. 1, 2010) http://www.yourtango.com/2007293/the-joy-of-flex-2.html
- Seventeen.com. "Cheap 'n' fun summer date ideas!" May 24, 2010 (Oct. 1, 2010) http://www.seventeen.com/cosmogirl/cheap-summer-date-ideas
- Seventeen.com? "Great Date Ideas!" (Oct. 1, 2010) http://www.seventeen.com/love/advice/date-ideas-for-teens#/category1
- Wong, Kristina. "Recession Dating 101: Cheap Date Ideas." ABC News. April 27, 2009 (Oct. 1, 2010) http://abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=7439539&page=1
HowStuffWorks looks a study which showed 'aspirational online dating' didn't pan out for most people.