William Shakespeare once wrote that "brevity is the soul of wit." And we think this quote from "Hamlet," applies to first dates, too. A first date doesn't have to be an all-day affair. Instead, just meet up for a quick get together to see if things click. These short dates are good for people getting back into the dating scene, divorcees or anyone who's uncomfortable with the dating process in general. And they also provide safe venues for a first date with a person you've met online.
Find something to do that has a time limit or that doesn't require spending a lot of time together, so if it's not going well you can politely say sayonara early. Of course, short and sweet really works well for blind dates, especially if one of the participants is hesitant about blind dates in the first place.
So what can you do that's quick but fun? Plenty:
- Grab a cup of coffee or cappuccino at the local coffee house.
- Visit a museum exhibition.
- Meet at the local cupcake shop (take your pick -- old-fashioned red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing or dark chocolate cupcake with espresso butter cream).
- Play one round of miniature golf.
- Take a walking tour downtown to check out the local boutiques, bookstores, gelato shops, etc.
- Drop by an outdoor arts festival or crafts fair.
- Enroll in a one-hour class together at a community center.