If you're trying to plan the perfect romantic night, things can get stressful. You want everything to be perfect, and you want every word out of your mouth to be a breathtaking declaration of love. To truly have a great night, you're going to have to relax and go with the flow, for your own sake as well as that of your partner. Stress is very unromantic.
So don't get too worked up if the candles keep going out, or if your reservation gets lost or if the hot air balloon ride gets cancelled because of weather. On a romantic night, it's not so important what you do, it's important that you spend time with your loved one. Have fun and enjoy yourselves, and remember that one couple's romantic night likely looks very different from another couple's. Despite the tips on our list, there's no right or wrong way to set the mood for romance, so stop judging yourself on perceived failures and focus on that loving feeling!
- Andrews, Moya. "Valentine's Day Flower Sales." Indiana Public Media. Feb. 12, 2009. (Jan. 31, 2011)http://indianapublicmedia.org/focusonflowers/valentine-flower-sales/
- Jackson, Jennifer. "Romantic Date Ideas." Marie Claire. (Jan. 31, 2011)http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/advice/tips/romantic-first-date-ideas
- LovingYou.com Web site. (Jan. 31, 2011)http://www.lovingyou.com/
- National Confectioners Association Web site. (Jan. 31, 2011)http://candyusa.com/
- Redbook. "43 Date Night Ideas." (Jan. 31, 2011)http://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/advice/43-date-night-ideas
- Roach, John. "Valentine's Day Facts: Gifts, History and Love Science." National Geographic News. Feb. 11, 2009. (Jan. 31, 2011)http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/090211-valentines-day-gifts-history.html
Breakup boot camps help the brokenhearted to move on with their lives. HowStuffWorks goes inside this trend.