Lots More Information
Are there dangers lurking in your lip color? Find out if lead in lipstick can cause cancer at HowStuffWorks.
- Can a cream really work as well as a face-lift?
- Does worrying cause wrinkles?
- Could I be allergic to makeup?
- How to Brighten a Dull Complexion
- Is mineral makeup really natural?
- How to Determine Your Skin Tone
- How to Even Out Your Skin Tone
- How Botox Works
- How to Make a Face Mask
- Can vitamins protect my skin from the sun?
- Aftergut, Kent. Personal interview. Conducted 9/4/2009.
- Ananthapadmanabhan, K.P. et al. "pH-Induced Alterations in Stratum Corneum Properties." International Journal of Cosmetic Science. Vol. 25. no. 3. June 2003.
- Ananthapadmanabhan, K.P. et al. "Cleansing Without Compromise: The Impact of Cleansers on the Skin Barrier and the Technology of Mild Cleansing." Dermatologic Therapy. Vol. 17. Suppl. 1. 2004.
- Boardman, J. et al. "The Olive in the Mediterranean: Its Culture and Use." Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biological Sciences. Vol. 275. no. 936. July 27, 1976. (9/10/2009) http://www.jstor.org/pss/2418221
- Encyclopedia Britannica. "Acne." Encyclopedia Online. (9/9/2009)
- Encyclopedia Britannica. "Skin Disease." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. (9/9/2009)
- Farage, Miranda et al. "Sensory, Clinical and Physiological Factors in Sensitive Skin: a Review." Contact Dermatitis." Vol. 55. 2006.
- Kuehl, B.L. et al. "Cutaneous Cleansers." Skin Therapy Letters. Vol. 8. No. 3. March 2003.
- Singer, Natasha. "When Beauty Products Make You Burn." Contra Costa Times. November 1, 2005.
- Tofte, Susan. Personal interview. Conducted 9/4/2009.
- Tortura, Gerard and Sandra Reynolds Grabowski. "Principles of Anatomy and Physiology." John Wiley & Sons. 2003.