Since toner has many useful applications, it's a great element to add to your skin care routine. Here are some keys to ensuring it works in harmony with your other grooming products:
- Buy a toner formulated for your specific skin type -- normal, oily, dry, combination or sensitive.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser before applying toner.
- After patting your skin dry with a clean towel, apply toner to a cotton ball or facial tissue.
- Swipe the toner across your t-zone (your forehead and nose) where your skin is likely to be most oily, and then tackle any other oily areas of your face.
- If you're using an alcohol-based astringent avoid applying it to any dry or flaky areas of the skin. If you're using a moisturizing toner, you can rub it over your entire face.
- Once the toner on your skin has dried, you can then apply a moisturizing cream or lotion.
If you're looking for more skin care advice, check out the additional information we have on the next page.