Benefits of Skin Cleansing Cloths and Pillows
As you learned earlier, cleansing cloths and pillows are multitasking tools: They cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize -- and sometimes even fight acne, rosacea or seborrheic dermatitis. These products can save you time and money -- while also protecting your skin from over-washing, which can lead to dryness and irritation. And because cleansing cloths and pillows are single-use products, they contain the exact amount of cleanser your skin needs, which prevents you from applying too much soap and leaving concentrated amounts of cleanser on your skin that could cause irritation. Skin cleansing pillows are also gentle exfoliating tools that can help you loosen dead cells on the skin's surface to reveal the healthy, new skin cells underneath. Harsher exfoliating tools, such as washcloths, loofahs and peels, can cause skin irritation [source: Suzman].
To learn more about different kinds of skin cleansing cloths and pillows, see the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Dove. "Frequently Asked Questions." (Accessed 8/27/09).http://www.doveskinvitalizer.com/faq.aspx
- Mayo Clinic. "Acne Scars: What's the best treatment?" May 22, 2008. (Accessed 8/27/09)http://mayoclinic.com/health/acne-scars/AN01835
- Mayo Clinic. "Moisturizers: Options for softer skin." June 23, 2009. (Accessed 8/27/09)http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/moisturizers/SN00042
- P & G Beauty and Grooming. "Skin Cleansing." (Accessed 8/27/09).http://www.pgbeautyscience.com/index.php?id=664
- Skin and Aging. "New Prescription Cleansing Cloth. (Accessed/ 8/27/09).http://www.skinandaging.com/article/3361
- Suzman, Leesa. "Look Seven Years Younger." (Accessed 9/21/09).http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/features/seven-years-younger
- WebMD. "20 Common Questions About Sensitive Skin." (Accessed 9/21/09).http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/sensitive-skin-20-faqs
- WebMD. "Acne Cleansing Pads." (Accessed 9/21/09).http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-61729-Acne+Cleansing+Pads+Top.aspx?printing=true
- WebMD. "Oily Skin: Solution that Work -- No Matter Your Age." (Accessed 9/21/09).http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/features/oily-skin-solutions-that-work?page=3