All the moisturizer in the world may not be enough to protect your skin from the products and chemicals you can encounter on a daily basis -- either from your own home or on the job. In fact, exposure to household chemicals, especially exposure involving sensitive skin, can lead to a rash, swelling or redness.
Therefore, proceed with caution [source: WebMD]. Follow these steps to protect your skin when working with different chemical products:
- Keep your eyes open! Watch for warning labels, such as "danger" or "use in a well-ventilated area." Always read the labels on products and follow directions.
- Do not mix products together.
- Cover up with gloves or a long-sleeve shirt.
- Wash your skin after using a chemical product.
- Avoid hazardous chemicals completely, if you can. Why not give good old-fashioned baking soda a try instead?