Nails that are short and rounded are the go-to for low muss, low fuss, on-the-go women and it's never gone out of style. They look just as good with all of the trendy polish colors as longer nails do and they look good without polish, as long as the cuticles are kept in check and the ends stay buffed. This style is ideal for active ladies who want a low-maintenance manicure.
- "Behind the Scenes: Styling the Stiletto." Nailsmag.com. Aug. 5, 2012. http://www.nailsmag.com/demoarticle/295/behind-the-scenes-styling-the-stiletto
- "Choosing the nail shape for you." Nailsbyjulia.com. Aug. 5, 2012. http://www.nailsbyjulia.com/page14.html
- "In love with the new stiletto nail shape." Chantellvermont.com. Aug. 5, 2012. http://chantellevermont.com/in-love-with-the-new-stiletto-nail-shape/
- "Nail Shapes - Almond." Sallyhansen.com. Aug. 5, 2012. http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/nail-shapes-almond
- "Nail Shapes - Square with Rounded Corners." Sallyhansen.com. Aug. 5, 2012. http://www.sallyhansen.co.uk/nail-shapes-square-rounded-corners
- Stanell, Victoria. "How To Choose The Best Nail Shape For You." Beautylish.com. Aug. 5, 2012.http://www.beautylish.com/a/vmjxv/best-nail-shape
Today it's second nature to paint your fingernails and toenails. But it's been a long road to here. HowStuffWorks breaks down the colorful history.