Don't waste a good primping session by neglecting the touch-up. You've (hopefully) never left a salon with any polish on your cuticles or skin, and there's no reason to leave your bathroom that way, either.
Grab a polish-removing touch-up pen, or else wrap a little bit of cotton around the tip of a mani/pedi stick. Gently and precisely wipe away any stray polish, using a light touch to avoid a slip onto the nail surface. If you're using a cotton-wrapped stick, be careful not to over-saturate the tip with polish remover lest it spread onto your nail and mess up your beautiful work.
Finally: patiently sit. So many beautiful pedicures have been ruined by the simple act of walking too soon, let alone sliding your feet into socks or shoes. So seriously, sit -- for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on product drying time. Easily bored? Do something with your hands ... like soaking them. No reason your hands shouldn't be as pampered as your feet.
For more pedicure tips and beauty and style advice, check out the links below.
More Great Links
- "Fix Ugly Feet At Home." Women's Health. (Aug. 9, 2012) http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/at-home-pedicure
- Oliver, Dana. "Home Pedicure: How You're Messing Up Your Nail Polish Without Knowing It." Stylist. June 5, 2012. (Aug. 9, 2012) http://www.stylelist.com/2012/06/05/home-pedicure-tips_n_1567751.html
- Putnal, Olivia. "Give Yourself the Perfect At-Home Pedicure." Woman's Day. (Aug. 9, 2012) http://www.womansday.com/style-beauty/beauty-tips-products/give-yourself-the-perfect-at-home-pedicure-107307
- Schuler, Charli. "The Best Do-It-Yourself Pedicure Tips." Total Beauty. (Aug. 9, 2012) http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/flash/c_home_pedicure
- Way, Gina. "Easy At-Home Pedicure Shortcuts." Real Simple. (Aug. 9, 2012) http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/skincare/hands-feet/easy-home-pedicure-shortcuts-10000001730977/index.html
If you never cut your fingernails, what would happen? Find out what happens if you never cut your fingernails at HowStuffWorks.