Lots More Information
Think you're going to die young? You might want to rethink that. According to new research, your preferred life expectancy influences when you die.
- Agich, George J. "Dependence and Autonomy in Old Age: An Ethical Framework for Long-Term Care." Cambridge University Press. 2003. (May 11, 2011)http://personal.bgsu.edu/~agichg/Articles/IntroCUP.pdf
- Alzheimer's Association. "2011 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures." Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2011. (May 3, 2011)http://www.alz.org/downloads/Facts_Figures_2011.pdf
- Jones, C. Jessie, and Debra J. Rose. "Physical Activity Instruction of Older Adults." Human Kinetics. 2005.
- King, Dana E. et al. "Turning Back the Clock: Adopting a Healthy Lifestyle in Middle Age." The American Journal of Medicine. April 20, 2007. (May 3, 2011)http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343%2806%2901185-5/fulltext
- Kotz, Deborah. "5 Common Myths About Aging." U.S. News & World Report. Feb. 20, 2009. (May 7, 2011)http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/articles/2009/02/20/5-common-myths-about-aging
- Leary, Warren E. "Older People Enjoy Sex, Survey Says." The New York Times. Sept. 29, 1998. (May 3, 2011)http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/29/science/older-people-enjoy-sex-survey-says.html
- Locher, Julie L. et al. "Effects of Age and Causal Attribution to Aging on Health-Related Behaviors Associated With Urinary Incontinence in Older Women." The Gerontologist. August 2002. (May 11, 2011)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759979/
- Mayo Clinic. "Intimacy and aging: Tips for sexual health and happiness." CNN. Sept. 27, 2005. (May 3, 2011)http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/HA/00035.html
- National Association For Continence. "What is Incontinence?" May 4, 2010. (May 4, 2011)http://www.nafc.org/bladder-bowel-health/
- New England Centenarian Study. "Why Study Centenarians? An Overview." Boston University School of Medicine. June 30, 2010. (May 3, 2011).http://www.bumc.bu.edu/centenarian/overview/
- Simmers, Louise. "Introduction to Health Science Technology." Cengage Learning. 2004.
- Snyderman, Nancy L. "Medical Myths That Can Kill You: And the 101 Truths That Will Save, Extend, and Improve Your Life." Random House Digital. 2008.
- Swanson, Patti C. Wooten. "Financial Caregiving Series for Adult Children of Aging Parents: Understanding Long-Term Care." University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources. December 2009. (May 11, 2011)http://ucanr.org/freepubs/docs/8382.pdf
- Zastrow, Charles, and Karen K. Kirst-Ashman. "Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment." Cengage Learning. 2007.