Lots More Information
What happens when the child becomes the parent? Being a caregiver to your parent can be a hard job. Get tips and information on when a child becomes the parent.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- "Alternatives to Nursing Home Care." Medicare. March 27, 2008. (March 9, 2009)http://www.medicare.gov/Nursing/Alternatives/Other.asp
- "Choosing a Long-Term Care Option." Pioneer Network. (March 9, 2009)http://www.pioneernetwork.net/Consumers/Choosing/
- Gross, Jane. "Elder-Care Costs Deplete Savings of a Generation." New York Times. Dec. 30, 2006. (March 9, 2009)http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/30/us/30support.html?_r=1
- "Housing Options for Older Adults: A Guide to Making Housing Decisions." Eldercare Locator. (March 9, 2009)http://www.eldercare.gov/Eldercare.NET/Public/Resources/fact_sheets/pdfs/Housing%20Options%20Booklet.pdf
- Leland, John. "For Families of the Ailing, a Brief Chance to Relax." New York Times. August 19, 2008. (March 9, 2009)http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/health/19aging.html
- "Living in a Nursing Home: Myths and Realities." American Health Care Association, National Center for Assisted Living. (March 9, 2009)http://www.longtermcareliving.com/family_guide/myths/myth1.htm
- Matthews, Joseph L. "Choose the Right Long-Term Care." Nolo. July 2002.
- Morris, Virginia. "How to Care for Aging Parents." Workman Publishing. 2004.