Lots More Information
What happens when the child becomes the parent? Being a caregiver to your parent can be a hard job. Get tips and information on when a child becomes the parent.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- American Psychological Association. "Elder Abuse." APA Office on Aging, 2009.http://www.apa.org/pi/aging/eldabuse.html
- Haaga, John. "Just How Many Baby Boomers are There?" Population Reference Bureau. 2002.http://www.prb.org/Articles/2002/JustHowManyBabyBoomersAreThere.aspx
- Fulmer, T. "Screening for mistreatment of older adults." The American Journal of Nursing. Vol. 108, issue 12. December 2008.
- Laumann E.O., et al. "Elder mistreatment in the United States: prevalence estimates from a nationally representative study." The Journals of Gerontology. Series B, Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences. Vol. 63, issue 4. July 2008.
- Moynihan, Colin and Serge F. Kovaleski. "Astor's Son Surrenders on Charges." New York Times. November 27, 2007.http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/27/nyregion/27cnd-astor.html
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse. "What is Elder Abuse?" NCPEA. 2008.http://www.preventelderabuse.org/elderabuse/
- National Center on Elder Abuse. "FAQs: Basics." U.S. Adminstration on Aging. September 19, 2007.http://www.ncea.aoa.gov/NCEAroot/Main_Site/
- Jaffee-Gill, Ellen, et al. "Elder Abuse." HelpGuide.org, Rotary International. 2008.http://www.helpguide.org/mental/elder_abuse_physical_emotional_sexual_neglect.htm
- Richardson, John. "The Battle for Mrs. Astor." Vanity Fair. October 2008.http://www.vanityfair.com/style/features/2008/10/astor200810
- U.S. Census Bureau. "Age: 2000." U.S. Department of Commerce. 2001.http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-12.pdf