To keep your shoulders and arms flexible, add overhead arm raises to your workout. They may not help you scratch that itch on your back that has eluded you all these years, but they will help you maintain your ability to reach objects in your kitchen cabinets.
Begin in a standing position with your feet a comfortable shoulder-width apart to help you keep your balance. This exercise is done one side at a time -- let's begin with the right side.
- Place one end of your resistance band under your right foot to keep it secure and hold the other end of the band in your right hand.
- Bend your right arm at the elbow -- your elbow should be pointed toward the sky and your right hand behind you.
- Slowly straighten your right arm, extending your right hand toward the sky.
- Hold, and slowly lower your right arm.
- Repeat with the left arm.