For nights when you're starving and need a hearty meal, try this delicious combo.
For the chicken: Squeeze juice from one lemon on the bottom of a lightly oiled baking dish, then pat dry the raw chicken in the dish. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper onto the chicken, cover the chicken in a thin layer of feta cheese and squirt the juice from another whole lemon over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
Make a healthy potato salad by using fingerling potatoes, softened after boiling for roughly 15 to 20 minutes. Substitute half an avocado (or a full one for a bigger batch) for mayonnaise and stir in the juice of one lime, a teaspoon salt, chopped red onion and cucumber to taste. Garnish with roughly chopped scallions.
- "Avocado and Grapefruit Salad." Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network. Food Network, n.d. Web. 01 May 2013.
- Ben. "STUFFED PORTABELLOS BREAKFAST." Web log post. Http://whatscookingmexico.com/. What's Cooking, Mexico?, 21 July 2011. Web. 1 May 2013.
- Chandra, Isa. "Creamy Avocado Potato Salad." Web log post. Http://www.theppk.com/. Post Punk Kitchen, 24 May 2011. Web. 1 May 2013.
- "Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole." Web log post. Http://whatsgabycooking.com/. What's Gaby Cooking?, 1 Mar. 2013. Web. 1 May 2013.
- "Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe." Web log post. Http://www.tasteofhome.com/. Light & Tasty, n.d. Web. 1 May 2013.
- "Lemon Feta Chicken." Web log post. Http://twograypumpkins.blogspot.com/. Two Gray Pumpkins, 14 July 2011. Web. 1 May 2013.
- Mayfield, Anji. "Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Honey Lime Dressing." Web log post. Http://www.tastebook.com/. Tastebook, n.d. Web. 1 May 2013.