Sane Fit Quickstart's Five Reasons for Getting in Shape
- Gain self-confidence. Feel comfortable in your own skin. What better way to "dress for success"?
- Have more energy. There won't be more hours in the day; you'll just feel like there are.
- Control your weight. The days of your weight controlling you are over.
- Gain strength. Lift your baby, your briefcase, and your groceries with ease.
- Age gracefully and beautifully. Aging is inevitable; it doesn't have to be unenviable.
American Heart Association's Five Tips for Exercise Success
Want to get the most from your workout, plus and incentive to keep coming back? The American Heart Association has these tips to keep exercise from becoming yet another chore in your life:
- Choose activities that are fun, not exhausting.
- Use music to keep you entertained.
- Surround yourself with supportive people. Find a companion to exercise with you if it will help you stay on a regular schedule and add to your enjoyment.
- Keep a record of your activities. Reward yourself at special milestones. Nothing motivates like success!
- Don't overdo it. Do low- to moderate-level activities, especially at first. You can slowly increase the duration and intensity of your activities as you become more fit. Over time, work up to 30-60 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week.