Lots More Information
- Clarke, NM., May, JT. Effect of antimicrobial factors in human milk on rhinoviruses and milk-borne cytomegalovirus in vitro.
- Carpo, BG., Verallo-Rowell, VM., Kabara, J. (2007). Novel antibacterial activity of monolaurin compared with conventional antibiotics against organisms from skin infections: an in vitro study. J Drugs Dermatol, 6(10):991-8.
- Fallon, S. Nourishing Traditions, 20.
- Schlievert, PM., Strandberg, KL., Brosnahan, AJ., et al. (2008). Glycerol monolaurate does not alter rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) vaginal lactobacilli and is safe for chronic use. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 52(12):4448-54.
- Vetter, SM., Schlievert, PM. (2005). Glycerol monolaurate inhibits virulence factor production in Bacillus antracis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 49(4):1302-5.
- Sun, CQ., O’Conner, CJ., Roberton, AM. (2003). Antibacterial actions of fatty acids and monglycerides against Helicobactor pylori. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol, 15;36(1-2):9-17.
- Verallo-Rowell, VM., Dillaque, KM., Syah-Tiundawan, BS. (2008). Novel antibacterial and emollient effects of coconut and virgin olive oils in adult atopic dermatitis. Dermatitis, 19(6):308-15.
- Agero, AL., Verallo-Rowell, VM. (2004). A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Dermatitis, 15(3):109-16.
- Eder, E., Wacker, M., Wanek, P. (2008). Lipid peroxidation-related 1,N2-propanodeoxyguanosine-DNA adducts induced by endogenously formed 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal in organs of female rats fed diets supplemented with sunflower, rapeseed, olive or coconut oil. Mutat Res, 654(2):101-7.
- Nalini, N., Manju, V., Menon, VP. (2004). Effect of coconut cake on the bacterial enzyme activity in 1,2-dimethyl hydrazine induced colon cancer. Clin Chim Acta, 342(1-2):203-10.